30 November, 2011

november 30

I know, I know, I know.... I haven't written in almost a whole month, but you'll have to forgive me. I've been more than just a little busy, so blog writing hasn't made its way to a high enough position in my to-do lists. But I am back and ready to blog! Yay!

I got back to England on Monday, and after about a week and a half away from my flute, getting back to 5+ hours of practice a day is proving quite difficult. Being jet-lagged doesn't help this either... But it's all okay because......... WE'RE GOING TO ROME TOMORROW!

I guess I don't have too much to write about right now since I've been in the States since November 16th. For those who don't know, my dad was not doing well so I went home to see him and to be home for Thanksgiving. I was lucky to get to Memphis just in time to see him for about an hour before he passed away. Honestly, I did not know I was going home to see him for such a short time and then go to his funeral, but I am so thankful that I could see him for even a short time. So, needless to say, things have been tough. My mom and I are very lucky to have some really wonderful friends who have been overwhelmingly generous to us these past several days, and that makes everything so much better. So, thanks, friends. : )

But back to happy things... like ROME. We are going for the Italian Flute Convention and of course to do a bit of touristy things... and eating. I fully intend on eating a lot of delicious food and drinking a lot of coffee. And of course some good wine, too. My camera battery is charged, so be ready for way too many pictures. I'm sure I will have some good stories to write about when I am back, too. Hopefully none of them will involve missing train stops and catching rides from strangers. But who knows?? Oh. And scooters. I must ride a scooter while I'm there (or at least take a picture next to one...I'll take what I can get). And I'll need a cute scarf of course.... oooh, can't wait!

Alright, I'm all excited now so I'm going to go start packing. I can't concentrate anymore (this is also because I just got back from class. Class + my brain = mush). I will write again soon!

~ Jenny



No comments:

Post a Comment